Robotic Process Automation – Journey So Far!!!
RPA AKA Robotic Process Automation is undoubtedly the best establishment in the Business Process Management (BPM) field. Industry experts have confirmed that it would bring more transformations in the business world than cloud computing.
But, can we really say that it’s going to be the crunch point? Any ordinary businessman who is well aware of the history of RPA knows that although it has been around for a long time, its effects have come into notice a few years back. Earlier there were systems like Interactive Voice Response Systems, but now it has reached another level and one can easily find various RPA gadgets in the industry.
Robotic Process Automation includes bots that can guide the customers and employees with various business procedures with very minimal involvement of humans. Robots are even capable of passing on the instructions to the next level and complete the procedure in a lesser time duration as compared to the normal way of doing things. We can discuss one more example which is OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology as RPA or software robots. This technology has been in the industry for a few years and known to offer high auto-extraction efficiencies.
In this digital era of business, there are now a number of people who are investing in RPA with AI and are enjoying the numerous benefits of automation. We can auto-post data, do software testing, fit the auto parts and much more with the advanced technology of RPA.
But, do you know that the latest entrants in the RPA world are even better than the previous ones. With time this field has become even more mature in various aspects and this has triggered widespread adaptation of robotic automation. With this addition, the market place is being profoundly reshaped. There are various other factors too that are responsible for this transformation, like:
1. High efficiency: With RPA the businesses can operate 24 x 7 and that too without any breaks; all that is needed is some underlying application to run the bots.
2. Cost-saving: In the long run, software robots cost much less than human labour.
3. Accuracy: Humans are vulnerable to errors and this could make an entire procedure fail, while the robots perform any task with high accuracy until and unless there is a requirement of a judgement call during the procedure.
4. Change management gets easier: With robots, data integrity can be preserved by reusing the logic of the application.
5. Regulatory compliance and audit improve: Software bots are capable of providing audit logs in detail that can allow advanced business analytics.
In a nutshell, we can say that RPA is not new, as companies have already been in touch with it although at a smaller level. With time it is being more powerful and helping businesses more effectively in staying strong in the competition.
Author Signature :