MARRIAGE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE IN DELHI
A Marriage Certificate is the legal proof of registration of a marriage. It is an important and valid document as it establishes the marital status of a couple. It can be said as an official statement that two people are married.
In India, Marriages can be registered either under:
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955:
- Applicability: It is applicable only to the Hindus. It provides for registration of an already solemnised marriage.
- Special Marriage Act, 1954:
- Applicability: It is applicable to all citizens of India. It provides for solemnisation of a marriage as well as registration by a Marriage Officer.
Presently, it is mandatory for a couple to register their marriage irrespective of the religion they belong to.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MARRIAGE REGISTRATION UNDER HINDU MARRIAGE ACT:
- Completely filled application form signed by both husband and wife
- Proof of Address (Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport/Driving License) of both husband and wife
- Proof of Date of Birth (Matriculation Certificate / Passport / Birth Certificate) of both husband and wife
- 2 passport size photographs of both husband and wife
- 1 marriage photograph
- Marriage Invitation Card
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- Separate affidavits by both husband and wife stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
- Aadhaar Card
- Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Hindu Marriage Act.
- In case of widow/ widower, attested copy of death certificate of spouse.
- In case of divorcee, attested copy of divorce order.
All documents must be self-attested.
what You Get
Author Signature :