Nowadays, parking spaces and structures occupy the largest parts of the land in the towns and
Nowadays, parking spaces and structures occupies the largest parts of the land in the towns and
cities. But sadly these parking spaces lacks efficiency and sustainability and with extreme
temperature changes and global warming around us, having sustainable parking places has now
become important. When we talk about sustainable parking places considering economy,
environment and the people becomes necessary. With urbanization in the cities, the developers and
architects are now focusing on energy efficient parking structures that look aesthetically appealing
and are more functional. In this blog, we are going to discuss some points why sustainable parking is
important nowadays and why you should shift to it.
1. For Saving Space: As compared to the traditional parking lots, in sustainable there is more
space. This is done by reducing the empty spaces or by utilizing less space per vehicle.
Machine parking is also one of the ways to save on space. By machine parking we mean
where machines are used to park the vehicles in order to save on space instead of relying on
the human skills.
2. Reduction in Accidents: The probability of accidents also decreases with sustainable parking
and even the chances of getting a car damaged while parked. None of us want to return to a
car damaged when parked.
3. Safety is Increased: You canâ€™t deny the fact that thefts are very common in the parking lots.
For example, in case you forget your laptop or something precious in your car, then you
might not know if itâ€™d be there only after you return. Sustainable parking offers security at
priority and thus theft cases decreases.
4. More Cost-Effective: If we compare the conventional parking to the sustainable parking,
then apart from saving time, you can save the fuel from getting wasted as the vehicle moves
faster and more effectively. Also due to the use of green technologies the maintenance cost
5. Energy Efficient: Advanced technologies are used in sustainable parking system and this
makes it energy efficient. There are sensors and lighting controls included in the parking
system which optimizes the use of energy. Even you can find systems that utilize the daylight
or solar energy instead of grid electricity for achieving the energy efficiency.
6. Visual Aesthetics Improve: Who like boring and dull parking lots? No oneâ€¦but we still have
very monotonous parking spaces. Bright and beautiful places are loved by all and attractive
parking lots can only be designed with sustainable parking systems. There are plants, green
beds, shrubs and landscaping is done to provide an aesthetic appeal to the space.
7. No Environmental Impact: In the conventional parking system, the people circle slowly
around the parking space in order to find the lot, but this thing can be avoided with
sustainable parking. The drivers can locate the parking slots in the shortest period of time
and the available plants can absorb the carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicles while
releasing oxygen. This implies cleaner and healthier environment.
8. Personal Safety is Enhanced: At the time of night, the parking spaces are very lonely and
dark and people being attacked by the hooligans is also common in parking places.
Sustainable parking has enough lighting and security that prevents such incidents from
9. Comfortable for All Users: The traditional parking systems lacks facilities for cyclists and
users with special needs. But sustainable parking proffers options for all the users be it
people with disabilities or the cyclists.
10. Better user Experience: By designating the pickup and drop off points, sustainable parking
takes the user experience to the next level.
So, this is all about the modern parking system that offers sustainability and is highly efficient.
Parking structures play a vital role in the design of a city or community, thus one must pay attention
to them. If you too want to get your parking space upgraded, then visit