How To fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102: Step-By-Step Instructions
As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software and it works efficiently. But sometimes QuickBooks can also create some errors QuickBooks error 15102 is one of them. Most of the people face problems due to this error. If you are one of them, then you should read this article completely.
Here, we are going to share each and everything about QuickBooks error 15102 such as its causes, symptoms, and solutions. We ensure that after reading this blog you will be able to fix this issue yourself.
Let’s move ahead…
QuickBooks software has really simplified the accounting work of the company because it helps keep a full track of inventory and payroll. But there have been several instances where the user receives a message when updating or downloading QuikBook payroll – Error 15102: failed to update, failed update. This can definitely prevent your work, and if you do not know what QuickBooks Error 15102 is, then it could disrupt the work.
So, first of all, you have to go through with its causes.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 15102?
Error 15102 can happen due to the below-listed reasons:-
- This error occurs due to QuickBooks Desktop is being used in the multi-user environment in a terminal services environment.
- If QuickBooks software is never updated and you are not using the latest version.
- If the shared download option must have been turned on, but the location specified for the download is not accessible or not accurate.
- Also, occur because you are not logged in as Windows and as a QuickBooks Administrator.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 15102
Due to QuickBooks error 15102, you will notice these symptoms:-
- Because of this error, Windows is running very slowly.
- QuickBooks Error Code 15102 shows on your screen.
- When error code 15102 appears, Payroll cannot be updated.
- QuickBooks software freezes or hangs for some minutes.
- Due to this issue, the user is not able to update QuickBooks software.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks error 15102
Solution 1: Switch to single-user mode
- As the QuickBooks company file can be accessed by only one user and it is essential to shift to single-user mode if you are using a multi-user environment. So for mode switching, In QuickBooks, you have to go to the File menu bar and then simply tap on single-user mode.
Solution 2: Verify the accuracy of mapped file location
- Firstly, you need to open the product details window by holding the F2 key on the keyboard.
- Then, Note down the mapped location path.
- Now, you need to open the help menu bar in QuickBooks software.
- After that, select Update QuickBooks.
- In this step, open the Options tab to authenticate the correctness of the details in the download location.
- But in case, you notice that the shared download is turned on, then you need to ensure that the download location’s drive is the same one which is in the product detail window.
- If you see that the shared download has turned off, then you need to make sure that the directory of the download location is the same as the QB installation directory.
- After that, if in case, location is wrong, modify the location’s state.
- Now, simply convert the option for shared download, that is, modify Yes option with No if the chosen option is Yes and No option with Yes if the chosen option is No, and after that select Save.
- Then, replace NO with YES If NO is chosen for shared download and then tap on Save.
- In the end, choose Close and again download the latest tax table.
Other Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15102
Solution 3: Remap the drive to a new letter, in case of the accurate download location
- Firstly, you have to close the QB company file.
- Then, use a new letter to map your drive.
- Now, open QuickBooks company file by a mapped drive.
- After that, tap on Help and then select Update QuickBooks software.
- Now, you need to go to the Options tab window.
- Here, simply turn shared download on and off.
- Then, make sure that the download location is getting used to a new letter.
- Lastly, select Save and close application.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks software as an administrator
- First of all, look for the QuickBooks icon, On your desktop.
- Then, do a right-tap on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, from the options that show, select Run as an administrator.
- After that, when a user account control (UAC) prompt shows, select Continue.
- In the end, update
Author Signature :