Magnet Manufacturer of the World
The magnet market, manufacturing magnets is very small at under $50 Billion per year of worldwide sales. The usage, however, is overwhelming. Virtually all moving vehicles, computers.
There are only 4 main material families and bonded versions:
- Ceramics (Fe2O3) consisting of about 4 main sub-grades
- Neodymium (NdFeB) consisting of about 40 sub-grades
- Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) consisting of 2 main sub-grades
- Alnico (AlNiCo) consisting of about 4 main sub-grades
Each type has distinct magnetic, chemical and physical properties. Ceramics hold the major share at about 60% of the total (in value), NdFeB is the fastest growing market and it is estimated that they will hold about 40% by 2020. SmCo and Alnico share about 10% total for both. Bonded magnets are the fastest growing market in the automotive and appliance industry.
During the past10 years, magnet use for applications in automotive and consumer electronics has seen the most dramatic increase in its history. Major magnet manufacturers
- Magnet Manufacturer China: Ferrites 60%, Neo 70%, SmCo 70%, Alnico 50%, Bonded magnets 25%
- Magnet Manufacturer Japan: Ferrites 20%, Neo 20%, Bonded magnets 20%
- Magnet Manufacturer India: Ferrites 5% ,Thailand: Bonded magnets 20%
- Magnet Manufacturer USA: Ferrites 10%, SmCo 10%, Alnico 20%, Bonded magnets 10%,
- Magnet Manufacturer Europe: Neo 10%, SmCo 10%, Alnico 20%, Bonded magnets 15%,
China: Almost all bonded magnets are compression molded NdFeB and flexible ferrite magnet manufacturers in china. Some injection molded ferrites are being produced in non complex forms. Bonded SmCo has been attempted, but with no success. China is by far the leader in sintered magnets and is also the largest NdFeB magnet manufacturers.
Japan: Most of the bonded magnet production is being moved to China. Japan is still the leader in innovation fo"""
Author Signature :