3 Core Responsibilities Of A Product Owner
As per the Scrumguide the
“The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the Product resulting from the work of the Development Team. How this is done may vary widely across organizations, Scrum Teams, and individuals.”
The is the sole person responsible for managing the Product Backlog.
Product Backlog management includes:
• Clearly expressing Product Backlog items;
• Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions;
• Optimizing the value of the work the Development Team performs;
• Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next; and,
• Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
The Product Owner may do the above work or have the Development Team do it. However, the Product Owner remains accountable.”
There are many responsibilities that a Product Owner carries during the Product Lifecycle, and as mentioned in Scrumguide, all these responsibilities the Product Owner can choose to delegate. As the Product Owner is accountable for the success of the Product, there are some core responsibilities that a Product Owner should keep as a core.
The three core responsibilities of the Product Owner those should not choose to delegate are:
1. Product Backlog Management:
It is a living artifact, the Product backlog change. It evolves hence needs to reorder continuously. As a Product Owner, one needs to ensure the complete transparency on ""
Author Signature :
<a href="https://www.agilemania.com/sumeet-madan/">Sumeet Madan</a>
Naveen Kumar Singh is an Agile Coach and a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), facilitates Certified Agile Coaching and Leading SAFe 5 Agilist Training in India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapor..