Treatment of acne scar depends on the scars severity. There is no one way to treat scars. Treatment will depend from case to case. Based on the variety & severity of the scars we have to plan a treatment protocol. However, our goal is to get the best results in the least no. of sittings in a safe and secure manner. The sittings are required every 3-6 weeks while the complete treatment takes about 3-8 months.
- If the patient has superficial scars we may recommend some peels and night creams can help remove the scars. Derma-rollers or micro-needling is something which can help for superficial scars. We also do is something called mesotherapy where we use a gel solution which goes along with the derma roller and reduces the scars. The main drawback of derma rollers is that the patient has to come for frequent visits to the clinic for the treatment. However, with the advent of lasers the use of derma-rollers is becoming less popular as the number of sitting is much less.
- If the patient has scars at Skin solutions we offer an alternate sittings of peel and laser treatment for scar after every 20 days. The main benefit of this approach is that, with the use of laser there is slight residual pigmentation which occurs as the laser goes deep to remove the scars. The use of peels after a laser therapy removes the pigmentation while stimulating neo-collagenation to increase healing of the skin. This method brings out beautiful results in a matter of few sittings. Also, depending on the grade of scar the power of the laser and the peels used vary to bring about the desired results. This is evaluated by Dr. Manish Gautam when the patient comes for treatment.
- If the patient has deeper scars which cannot be treated by laser therapy. In such cases we need to do a procedure called scar revision or we try to go below the skin and try to remove the bonding bands which are holding the scar there. When these bands are released using a process called acne scar Subcision it releases the scarred skin and eventually the skin reached the near normal state.
Post Acne Scar treatment results:
- If the scare is superficial, post treatment the scar may be completely removed or be non indefinable from close proximity.
- If the scar is deeper, the scar will become less visible depending the severity. Most patients see a reduction of 60-80% reduction of scar. In most cases the car is reduced to such an extent that they become minute and will be inconspicuous.
Post treatment care to take after scar removal procedure:
- Try to avoid direct and excessive sunlight. Always use a sun screen when venturing out in heat.
- Follow doctors post treatment care religiously at home.
Over the past 2 decades Dr. Gautam has helped thousands of men and women overcome their skin ailments.