Everything you should know about the GFRG Panel in Building Construction
When it comes to renovating a house, office, etc. or building it from scratch, then you might have come across the GFRG Panels. GFRG panels stand for Glass Fibre Reinforced Gypsum, which is in trend and gives look. These panels are made up of gypsum plaster that is well known for its durability and overall look. These panels are also known as rapid walls.
These panels are made up of calcined gypsum plaster, reinforced with glass fibre.
Looking at its various advantages and growth, the technology spread like wildfire and is being taken up heavily throughout the construction industry. The original panel colour of GFRG is white because of gypsum and has a smooth finished surface. Due to the finished surface, they can quickly be whitewashed or painted without cement plastering the walls, therefore they providing some scope of creativity for the client.
The GFRG building panel dimension is 12 x 3 x 0.127m, which weighs around 1.6 tons. It is well equipped with 4 cavities within 1 meter of the panel.
Manufacture of GFRG Panels
1. GFRG panel manufacturing is done with a semi-automatic plant with the use of slurry obtain while heating the calcined raw gypsum.
2. The plaster (Calcined raw gypsum) is a mixture of white cement, water and certain chemicals like D50 (retarder) and BS94 (water repellant in a mixer).
3. The different layers of slurries are then scattered over a table and are scattered with glass fibres and aluminium plugs to form hollow cavities.
4. After half an hour or so, the aluminium plugs are extracted and the panels are sent to a dryer.
Applications of GFRG Panels
1. Load Bearing Structure
The load-bearing feature of the GFRG panel is one of the most common applications of GFRG panels. When the cavity inside the panels is filled with concrete, the compressive strength of the panels gets enhanced.
When the panel's bars are introduced, the capacity of panels to resist the lateral loads is also enhanced. Thus, using such load-bearing structures in construction is the best option for multistoried buildings.
Author Signature :
1. There is no construction process up to the plinth level that prevails similar to the conventional method. Therefore, no special foundation is necessary for the installation of GFRG panels.
Diamond International Inex Pvt. Ltd. with a pan India network of channel partners is a manufacturer Diamond GRG ceiling tiles. Diamond Ceilings has a strong presence in the False Ceiling Market for th..