Customer Engagements â€“ For eCommerce Business
We live in a world where customers want brands to anticipate and meet their needs 24/7. When improving customer engagements, we think of the state of the art customer services, compassionate staff, and high-end products. However, customer relations go way beyond this point. Making customers happy is not an easy task especially when it comes to create or retain old or regular customers.
What Does Customer Engagement Mean?
Customer Engagement Cycle
Customer engagement is a process of getting in touch with customers by using various communication channels of correspondence such as email, click-through rate, online reactions, feedbacks, etc. This connection is very important to keep customers engaged with your brand. Loyal and engaged customers buy more and promote more and enhance the brandâ€™s growth. Most Businesses believe in creating reputation through customer engagements policies instead of revenue extraction.
How to measure Customer Engagements
The customer engagements index reveals how customers interact with the brand and how engaged they are with the company. There are few metrics based on customerâ€™s activities like
- TimeLine: This metric means How Long a customer is on your website. More the duration better the results and it can only be achievable when the website is attractive, functional and the products listed have visual appeal.
- Visit Frequency: This metric means how frequently visitor visits your website. For eg. How often do your customers make a purchase at your store, What is the Average Order Value. More engagement means more customer satisfaction.
- Actions: The metrics are based on customerâ€™s activities and how many times they have used
If the number is higher, it shows how engaged and happy customers are. The customer engagement index is the best tool that can predict customer satisfaction scores. It can also help you to identify:
- Those in trials who are ready to make a purchase
- Customers who are about to churn
- Who are ready to up-sell or cross-sell
Why Should We Listen To Our Customers?
Customers are your brand ambassadors. Listening to customers is not just about connecting with them, but it also involves paying attention to their needs and meeting their expectations. Letâ€™s see below why it is important to listen to our customers;
- It reduces customer churn rate
- It improves customer loyalty
- Customers can help you to improve
- It gains new customers and retains the existing customers
- It wins customerâ€™s hearts
- Customers are the most genuine feedback providers
- It gives a sense of belongingness to customers
Who Your Customers Are?
It seems like a simple question but to recognize who your real customers are is a tricky job. It is just like the opening of the film, you start, you try to know and then you expand. Research is the key to success. Only research can help you to know who your real customers are. For this, you have to target the market you are selling in. you can start by:
- Defining the market
Author Signature :
#customerexperience #customerservice #entrepreneur #digitalmarketing #business #smallbusiness #customersuccess #website #ecommerce #socialmedia #entreprenuer #ecommercewebsite #marketing #ecommercewebsitebuilder
I'm Santosh Shinde Digital Marketing Manager @MoreCustomersApp. I have been working here since 2018. I interested in Digital Marketing and Ecommerce business. ..