Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 83: When Creating Company File
QuickBooks error code 6000 83 is seen with an error message that says “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide then with the following error codes: (6000 83)”. Or “You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored”.
There can be different reasons behind the occurrence of, which we will be discussing in this post. However, if you have any query, or if you need our assistance at any point of time, then contact our QuickBooks support team.
What causes QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
The QuickBooks error code 6000 83 can be seen due to the following reasons:
- In case the user is making use of a non -U.S. or non-Canadian version of windows, then such an error can be seen.
- Also, if the file extension is incorrect.
- Another reason can be if multiple systems try to host the QB company file.
- Or if the file extension is in the format of .qbm or .qbw.adr
- The user can also face similar issue if there is an incomplete QuickBooks desktop installation.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 83
The steps for fixing the QuickBooks error code 6000 83 are as follows. But before that keep a note of the fact that the steps below will work in case you ended up in the issue when creating a backup of the company file:
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks on the server system
Author Signature :
Olivia Watson is the co-founder of Axpert Advisor, that work towards providing accounting and bookkeeping services. She has a keen interest in exploring the world and also love spending time with the beauty of nature.
Olivia Watson is the co-founder of Axpert Advisor, that work towards providing accounting and bookkeeping services. She has a keen interest in exploring the world and also love spending time with the ..