LANAP Treatments in India
LANAP is a laser used to treat gum disease with virtually no pain, no cutting, swelling or bleeding. It is revolutionizing today’s treatment of periodontal disease.
Fear of the discomfort associated with traditional methods for treatment keeps many of the patients who have some type of gum disease from seeking treatment. LANAP enables treatment that is just as effective and even more beneficial for the patient in terms of healing times and results. Also, laser periodontal treatment is usually less expensive than comparable treatment with more invasive cut-and-stitch methods.
● Laser treatment is usually completed over one to two visits. (Traditional surgery requires two to four sessions of about one to two hours each, with subsequent visits for removing sutures.)
● The light emitted by a fiber-optic tip selectively removes harmful bacteria and diseased tissue from the pocket by physically interacting with the bacteria and killing it by the absorption of laser energy.
● Ultrasonic scalers as small as the laser are inserted into the pocket and use sound waves to break up hardened tartar and other debris from the surface of the tooth.
● The laser is then inserted once more to remove any remaining diseased tissue at the bottom of the pocket. This last pass of the laser sterilizes the tissues and prepares the root surface to enable healthy gum attachment and aids in sealing the pocket closed.
● The recovery is virtually pain-free and bloodless. Most of our patients find their recovery period to be less than 24 hours, so the time from work is not lost.
Why choose LANAP?
LANAP was designed to meet the growing need for pain-free dentistry. With LANAP, there are no scalpels or sutures and healing time is greatly reduced. The patient feels little to no discomfort during and after the LANAP procedure, which could reduce the need for post-operative prescription medications.
Recovery from LANAP surgery often takes less than a day rather than the two to four weeks required for traditional surgery; many patients are able to return to work soon afterward. Your dentist may also recommend that you follow a soft food or liquid diet for one to two days, as opposed to several weeks following gum surgery.
Author Signature :