Summer Travel Health Advice
Are you travelling this summer with your family?
Whether travelling as a couple, with children or with elderly parents make sure you are prepared for the destination you are travelling. A few precautions and extra care before travel can make your holiday better.
Here are few general travel tips
1. Be proactive – Think about health in advance of your trip. If you have a chronic health problem, get a check-up before you leave. And find out as much as you can in advance about destination-specific health risks.
2. Pack a travel health kit – Expect the unexpected, always travel with a travel health kit equipped with the most basic medications.
3. Wash your hands – Good hygiene is the first line of defence against any viral or bacterial ailment, be it the common cold or any other infection. Especially wash your hands before and after meal times.
4. Drink and eat sensibly – Traveller’s diarrhoea is the most common ailment that hamper many vacations. Make sure you eat and drink at hygienic places. Always have hot food when in doubt.
5. Make exercise a priority – You always have ample time to exercise on a vacation, it is your choice to make it a part of your agenda.
Travelling with elders
Are you a group of senior citizens travelling this vacation ? Here are a few health tips to keep in mind:
1. Book for accessibility – Make comfort a top priority. Choose to book direct flights, check for elevators, wheelchairs, and ramps before booking hotel accommodation too.
2. Plan small itineraries – Skip long hours of sight-seeing and plan small excursions physically possible.
3. Pack light – Depending on the weather of your destination pack as light as you can. Make sure you carry only small bag packs for day excursions too.
4. Choose comfortable shoes – One thing you absolutely need to pack is a pair of good, sturdy walking shoes—especially if you plan to do any sightseeing on foot.
5. Carry a few accessories – Here are a few things which will make your trip more comfortable and prepare you for any health conditions:
Author Signature :
Best Multispeciality Hospital in Mumbai, India - Kokilaben Hospital