ALL ABOUT EWAY BILL YOU MUST HAVE KNOWN
What is an eWay Bill?
EWay bill is an digital manner bill for movement of goods to be generated at the eWay bill Portal. A GST registered character cannot transport goods in a vehicle whose price exceeds Rs. 50,000 (single invoice/bill/transport challan) with out an e-manner bill that is generated on ewaybillgst.gov.in instead, Eway bill also can be generated or cancelled via SMS, Android App and with the aid of website-to-site integration thru API. when an eway bill is generated, a completely unique Eway Bill Number (EBN) is allotted and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.
When Should eWay Bill be issued?
eWay bill will be generated when there is a movement of goods in a vehicle/ conveyance of value more than Rs. 50,000( either each Invoice or in (aggregate of all Invoices in a vehicle/ Conveyance)# ) –
- In relation to a ‘supply’
- For reasons other than a ‘supply’ ( say a return)
- Due to inward ‘supply’ from an unregistered person
For this purpose, a supply may be either of the following:
- A supply made for a consideration (payment) in the course of business
- A supply made for a consideration (payment) which may not be in the course of business
A supply without consideration (without payment)In simpler terms, the term ‘supply’ usually means a:
- Sale – sale of goods and payment made
- Transfer – branch transfers for instance
- Barter/Exchange – where the payment is by goods instead of in money
Therefore, eWay Bills must be generated on the common portal for all these types of movements. For certain specified Goods, the eway bill needs to be generated mandatorily even if the Value of the consignment of Goods is less than Rs. 50,000:
- Inter-State movement of Goods by the Principal to the Job-worker by Principal/ registered Job-worker,
- Inter-State Transport of Handicraft goods by a dealer exempted from GST registration
Who need to Generate an eWay Bill?
Registered person – Eway invoice need to be generated while there may be a movement of goods of extra than Rs 50,000 in cost to or from a Registered man or woman. A Registered person or the transporter may also pick to generate and bring eway bill even if the fee of goods is much less than Rs 50,000.
Unregistered Persons – Unregistered persons also are required to generate e-way invoice. however, where a supply is made by way of an unregist"
Author Signature :
India,s Best Accounting and Taxation Training with GST, Income Tax,TDS, PF, ESIC, P- Tax, Tally ERP 9, Excel, Tally ERP9 with Placement Support in Accounts..